Thursday, November 09, 2006

Congrats to American Voters!

I am happy that my strange feelings turned out to be wrong! :) The American electorate did give notice to the Bush Administration and sent them packing. My faith in the American democracy is restored....somewhat.
Now the ball is in the Democrats court. With both the Senate and House they have to show that they can get better results. Even if the president choses to veto their initiatives, just showing that they are capable of presenting a plan will help the party very much.
I am still reserved as to where the Country by and large is headed. It will remain to be see how different the new Democratic party will be. Article by Simon Tisdall in the Guardian sums up my position well.
Will the new Democratic party also get pulled to the right or will it be able to guide the country down a more pragmatic center?

No comments: